- Theme in brief:
- Focus Statement:
- Explanation of the text
- Application to life
- Response to God's Word
- A prayer
Introducing Fr. Freddie's Gospel Reflections for Multi-purpose
1. These reflections are not written like an essay, but in six precise steps. Choose what you like.
2. They are not meant only for preaching homilies, but for a multi-purpose: for teaching, prayer (either personal or common), reflections and socio-pastoral guidance.
3. They can be used outside the liturgical celebrations also on any other occasions for preaching (by using the same text), private and common prayers, Bible Vigil, Adoration, Prayer Service, Gospel Sharing, conferences, talks, etc.
4. Only the Gospel text prescribed for the Sunday Liturgy in the Catholic Church is used for these reflections, and not the First and Second
5. These reflections are written from a pastoral and spiritual perspective, and not from academic or exegetical.
6. The preachers have an option to develop only the focus-statements given in Step 2 on their own into a full-fledged homily. If they want to make their homily shorter, they need not include all the points/thoughts written by the author; instead can select what they like, and (if they want) add their own stories/ anecdotes/ examples.
7. The title, “Gospel Reflections for Life-Promotion” indicates the author’s intention to highlight the life-sustaining or life-saving issues in our world and society in the midst of anti-life forces.
8. Though much of the material presented in these reflections is author's, no claim is made for the originality of all the thoughts and ideas. They are adopted from various authors.
9. Reproduction of these reflections in any form needs prior permission.